The Melon Ball is a 100+ seat performance/event venue located within the Watermelon Music building in west Davis, available for music recitals and auditions, speaking presentations, fundraising concerts and events, large ensemble rehearsals and more. Included amenities:
- 8" raised carpet-covered stage measuring approximately 15' x 18'
- Up to 100 padded, banquet-style chairs plus additional folding chairs as required
- Restored 1964 Steinway Model "L" piano (5'-10.5") with adjustable height Artist Bench
- Four programmable Chauvet lighting fixtures plus four additional LED pinspots
- Chauvet OBEY40 DMX programmable lighting controller
- Presonus StudioLive 16-input digital mixer with iPad control
- QSC K10.2 powered loudspeakers (2 main, 3 monitor)
- Two Shure SM86 vocal microphones (additional microphones may be rented as required)
- Hitachi CP-EW302N digital projector with 108" pull down screen
- Adjacent room with refrigerator, sink, counters and roll-up serving window for food/refreshment prep
Rates: The Melon Ball may be rented in 1-hour increments at:
- $50.00 per hour for music recitals,
- $75.00 per hour for community-oriented events and
- $100.00 per hour for private functions and events.
We ask a one-hour deposit at the time of reservation, and payment in full for any remainder at the conclusion of the event, once the hall is vacant and clean. We often extend special pricing to non-profits and community-based fundraising efforts. Contact us for more details.